Art Trail Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Art Trail?
The Art Trail is an event organized by Anderson County Arts Council. Artists from Anderson County, and nearby, open their doors to the public once a year for annual Art Trail! This event is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in art - on any level - to see artists at work, get a glimpse into their process, and take advantage of studio sales where available. It's also a fun way to discover new favorites. Visitors create their own self-guided tour using the provided map of the studio/gallery locations. Art Trail is an exciting way to celebrate Anderson Counties creative community!
Who can participate?
Fine artists/craft artists in the Anderson County area may register. All studio locations submitted must be active and ongoing studio spaces.
When is it held?
Art Trail is annually held on the first Saturday of November, from 10 am - 5 pm.
Where is it held?
Studios open throughout Anderson County and surrounding communities.
When is the deadline to register for the Art Trail?
The deadline for studio registration is August 15th before our event.
Does my studio qualify/will I be accepted?
- Studio must be in the surrounding Anderson County area.
- Studio must currently be an active work space.
- Pop-up spaces or temporary exhibits will not be accepted for Art Trail.
- Studios will be screened for quality and eligibility.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Anderson County Arts County.
How much does it cost to participate and have my studio promoted the Art Trail?
Art Trail studio/artist registration is $65. Application fees are non-refundable.
What if I am with a group of other artists sharing a studio?
Each artist receives equal publicity in the directory and marketing materials. Therefore, each artist must submit their own application and pay the participation fee. If a group has 8 or more artists in one building and would like to have their organization listed, reduced fees may be available. Contact Anderson County Arts Council to inquire.
What do I need to do to complete the registration form?
Before you begin, make sure you have a high-quality digital image in jpeg format. This is the image that will be used in the directory online. This image must be of one single artwork that represents your work.
*Note: images in the directory may be cropped into a square format.
What type of artwork image should I submit?
Directory image (1 image):
The image you submit will be used in the directory and other Art Trail marketing materials and publicity efforts. It is your most visible marketing tool and the primary visitors first interact with you and your work.
- Be sure to choose an image that is high quality, clear, sharp and well-lit. Avoid showing frames, mats, stands, or anything other than your artwork.
- Images should not contain text or watermarks. Out-of-focus images may be rejected.
- Consider having your art photographed by a professional photographer.
- The format of the catalog listing image is square. We understand a lot artwork is not square, in this case, your artwork will be cropped down to a detail of your work. Focusing on details in 3d art also works, or you can allow enough space around your piece when photographing to be able to crop to square. This is done to prevent horizontal or vertical images appearing smaller than the square ones.
Can I apply in person or mail an application instead of online?
The application is online only. If you are having difficulties completing the form, ask a friend or family member to help. Or send us an email at email@example.com.
Why is it beneficial to have a studio profile in the Art Trail Directory?
- Art Trail provides a directory (which will include a studio location map). This directory is a resourceful and informative guide to the artist and around Anderson County.
- It is an effective marketing tool when reaching out to customers and increasing your visibility.
- Many potential customers and businesses review the Art Trail Directory year-round for purchasing art, curating exhibitions and/or commissions.
- A link to your website will be included in your studio profile.
I am new to the Art Trail and I have questions about the event that are not addressed here.
An Anderson County Arts Council member is available to answer your questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-604-3000.
I would like to participate, but I don't have a space where the public can visit.
Studios eligible for the Art Trail must currently be an active work space and accessible to the public. Display spaces or temporary exhibitions of artwork are not eligible. You may partner with another artist in the area who has a working studio that would let you display during the event.
Do I have to demonstrate my artistic process?
Participating artists are not required to demonstrate. However, it is an impactful way to connect with your visitors and provide them with a memorable experience (word of mouth is always the best promotion). Demonstrations, storyboards, or showing a work-in-progress are all ways to show your process.
Can I show reproductions of my work?
Yes, copies of your original art may be included in your display along with your original work. These items may include prints, tiles, greeting cards, etc. You may not display art from another artist not participating in your studio or any other items that weren't made by you. Proceeds from your Art Trail sales at your studio are 100% yours -- Anderson County Arts Council takes no commission.
How can I promote myself for the Art Trail?
In addition to your directory studio listing and mobile-friendly map members participating in Art Trail will have the opportunity to be featured in local news outlets (The Anderson News, Tops In Lex, etc.) and online. Artists are encouraged to help promote the tour and their studios -- the more buzz, the better the publicity and visibility!
Reasons to Participate in Art Trail
- Commission-free sales opportunities
- Promote your services (i.e., workshops, lectures, etc.)
- Build relationships
- Educate the public about your artwork - what time, training, tools and equipment go in to producing quality original artwork
- Inclusion of your studio information in the Art Trail guide and Artist Directory
- Membership to the Anderson County Arts Council is included with your first-time registration fee.
- Opportunity to be featured in local exhibitions year-round.
- Proceeds from your Art Trail sales at your studio are 100% yours -- Anderson County Arts Council takes no commission
- Link to your studio/artist website on Anderson County Arts Council webpage
Register for the Art Trail Now! >>
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect it, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices. Our policy is simple: we collect no information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. In addition, we do not give, share, sell, or transfer any personal information about you to any third parties. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information that we collect. If you have questions about our privacy practices, you can contact us at the postal or email address posted on this site.
Anderson County Arts Council
1986 Fox Creek Road
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342